The SAP Battalion was formed on 5th August 1958 from the Erst-while General Armed Reserve of Travancore- Cochin State as per the GO No. H2/19354/1953 CS dtd . 04.09.1955. This camp is stationed in the old Leprosy Hospital Campus of Peroorkada. A Gratitude Stone in memory of Dr. Fernandez of old Leprosy Hospital is still kept in SAP Campus. This is the second Armed Police Battalion of the State.
30.6 Acres of land is available for the SAP camp and 17.78 Acres for the SAP Family Quarters area under survey No. 1302, 1303, 1304, 1305, 1283, 1284 of Peroorkada Village in Thiruvananthapuram Taluk.